Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dave Liebman: Plays The Music Of Cole Porter (1988)

Never been a big fan of Dave Liebman's for reasons I can't put my finger on, but something about this record has always delighted me. It's very straightforward, with two of Phil Woods' long-time bandmates performing rhythm duties, and Liebman is faithful to the material even when he challenges his sidemen. They all sound great, and the songs speak for themselves as eloquently as they ever did.

Dave Liebman: ss

Steve Gilmore: b

Bill Goodwin: dr


1. I Love You

2. Dream Dancing

3. Begin The Beguine

4. I've Got You Under My Skin
5. True Love
6. Ridin' High
7. Why Do I Care?

8. It's Allright With Me

9. Get Out Of Town

10. In The Still Of The Night


All compositions by Cole Porter

Red Rock Recording Studio, Snyderville, PA, US, Fall 1988

320 kbps rip from Red CD 123236

3 comments:

Festoonic said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/178573608/Liebman.zip

Jay said...

Thanks for posting. Very curious to hear this.

Baby Breeze said...

I've always been left cold by Liebman as well, but I'll check this out on your recommendation. Thanks.